MEET OUR BRAND AMBASSADOR'S
2.HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THE NAME AND DOES IT HAVE ANY SPECIFIC SIGNIFICANCE? I've always loved the idea of giving my BIG fur babies - aka gentle giant breeds/mastiffs - human names and/or little ol' lady sounding names to help "take the edge off" the way Bully breeds "look" to some people. Case in point, before Mabel I had a Bullmastiff named Miss Louise. As for Frankie, well she's just a little firecracker and looked like a little frankfurter as a puppy so we thought Frankie was the perfect name.
3.WHAT AREAS IN THE CITY DO YOU LOVE TO TAKE YOUR DOG? BREWERY'S? BEACH? PARKS? ETC. We love taking our girls for adventure walks through High Park, Cherry Beach, and especially Trinity Bellwoods Park (which sits beautifully in our neighbourhood). Of course, our neighbourhood walks are rarely complete without pitstops at "Timmie Doggie Outfitters" AND "Helmutt's Pet Supply". #SpoiledGirls 😉 We also love taking road trips as a family, exploring different dog-friendly spaces away from home. One of our favourite stops is "Little Chief & Co" in St. Catharines. It's a fantastic "mom and pop" dog shop that focuses on social responsibility.
4.WHAT PRODUCT OF PET LOVE DO YOU LOVE THE MOST? We - Mabel, Frankie, and I - SWEAR by Pet Love's Donut Dog Beds. It's "Game of Snores" with those two pups every night!
5.WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST MEMORY INVOLVING YOUR DOG? With Mabel, it was when she was just a wee nugget and we discovered she's actually a table... And #MabelTheTable was born! Check out her "Sunday Suppers" on Instagram @MabelAndFrankie. With Frankie, quite simply, it was when she tooted for the first time. WOAH girl, talk about clearing a room!
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE THING TO DO TOGETHER? Anytime but especially nighttime family snuggles (and snacks!)
7. WHAT IS YOUR DOGS FAVOURITE TREAT? Bully sticks, Bully sticks, Bully sticks!... And dehydrated sweet potatoes.
8. WHAT DO PET CHARITIES MEAN TO YOU? Any organization that dedicates itself to the protection, care, and well-being of animals and acts as the voice for animals is incredible and absolutely necessary.
9. IF YOU COULD WORK WITH ANY OTHER PET CHARITY, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY? There are so many great ones to choose from! But, I work with and am an ambassador for the Ontario SPCA and I occasionally work with TEAM Dog Rescue as the host for their annual "Party With A Purpose" gala. It's a PAWty for a great cause!
10. IF YOU CAN DESCRIBE YOUR DOGS PERSONALITY, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Miss Mabel : gentle giant, sweetheart, patient, SuperDERP, cuddle bug, full of sass! Frankie : firecracker, snuggle bug, daredevil, sweetie pie, full of sass... AND gas!!
Lifestyle Blogger - Shelly Boudah @shelly_boudah & Dog Harley
1. DOG NAME? Harley
2. HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THE NAME AND DOES IT HAVE ANY SPECIFIC SIGNIFICANCE? His name when we found him online for sale was Scooter. My husband thought he looked more bad ass than that and said we needed to upgrade him to a Harley if we got him. So he became ours and Harley it was.
3. WHAT AREAS IN THE CITY DO YOU LOVE TO TAKE YOUR DOG? We love the big open park across from our house. We also live by a beautiful creek and he LOVES to go there and run through the shallow water. Humber Bay and High Park are also high on our list of faves
4. WHAT PRODUCT OF PET LOVE DO YOU LOVE THE MOST? Obsessed with our Fellows skull donut bed
5. WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST MEMORY INVOLVING YOUR DOG? He does a lot of funny things that make us laugh, but hands down watching him play with a laser light is always be the best entertainment. If you say the word DOT his ears perk up and he starts to look for it and then its game on.
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE THING TO DO TOGETHER? Definitely snuggle
7. WHAT IS YOUR DOGS FAVOURITE TREAT? Duck Tenders – he’s actually a treat snob and won’t eat/accept anything else
8. WHAT DO PET CHARITIES MEAN TO YOU? We love pet charities because our pup is another one of our families members and we can’t imagine it any other way. It breaks our hearts to see homeless pets, or sick pets, so if we can help out in any way we can, it makes us feel better.
9. IF YOU COULD WORK WITH ANY OTHER PET CHARITY, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY? We’ve done events to raise money for a local monkey sanctuary. Do monkey’s count as pets? Wink wink
10. IF YOU CAN DESCRIBE YOUR DOGS PERSONALITY, WHAT WOULD IT BE – He’s very shy, loyal and loving.
Media Blogger - Alexandra Nikolajev @lexniko
1. DOG NAME? Choco
2. HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THE NAME AND DOES IT HAVE ANY SPECIFIC SIGNIFICANCE? When I adopted him, he was named Chocolate Charlie. That was a bit long, so I would call him Choco for short and it stuck!
3. WHAT AREAS IN THE CITY DO YOU LOVE TO TAKE YOUR DOG? Choco loves his walks but isn't a fan of crowds or younger dogs so we tend to head down to the water where it's a bit calmer.
4. WHAT PRODUCT OF PET LOVE DO YOU LOVE THE MOST? The Mambo Donut Dog Bed - Choco loves sleeping in it with his collection of toys!
5. WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST MEMORY INVOLVING YOUR DOG? Probably choosing his Halloween costumes for an Instagram each year - he's so funny to dress up and is so calm when you're taking photos of him and my followers love to see what we come up with and then put in their requests for the next year!
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE THING TO DO TOGETHER? SNUGGLE!
7. WHAT IS YOUR DOGS FAVOURITE TREAT? I swear I can't walk into the house with one of those pre-made roasted chickens without him going crazy for some.
8. WHAT DO PET CHARITIES MEAN TO YOU? Awareness, friendship and compassion to think beyond what you can do for yourself.
9. IF YOU COULD WORK WITH ANY OTHER PET CHARITY, WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY? I've worked with Save Our Scruff and have a number of friends who have found their furever buddies through them so I can't say enough good things about the work they do.
10. IF YOU CAN DESCRIBE YOUR DOGS PERSONALITY, WHAT WOULD IT BE? ATTENTION-SEEKER and people pleaser :)
Hockey Player - Matt Finn @mattfinn_ & Dog Beckham @beckhamtheblueweimaraner
- DOG NAME? Beckham
- HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THE NAME AND DOES IT HAVE ANY SPECIFIC SIGNIFICANCE? Named after David Beckham, my favourite athlete growing up and also a pretty boy.
3. WHAT AREAS IN THE CITY DO YOU LOVE TO TAKE YOUR DOG? . I’m always down at the Trinity Belwoods dog bowl on the weekends or going to the cherry beach dog park. He loves being in the water at cherry beach and can spend hours in there.
- WHAT PRODUCT OF PET LOVE DO YOU LOVE THE MOST? I love the bow ties. Great addition to the look.
- WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST MEMORY INVOLVING YOUR DOG? Probably the fact he refuses to touch a single Article of my clothing, but as a puppy chewed through, and completely ruined something owned by every single one of my family members. We have something good going here.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE THING TO DO TOGETHER? Going for hikes through the forest or just walks through the city. And fetch. Always.
- WHAT IS YOUR DOGS FAVOURITE TREAT? Absolutely loved pig ears as a puppy but now he will literally eat anything.
- WHAT DO PET CHARITIES MEAN TO YOU? Pet charities are incredible. Once you get your own pet you start to realize how poor some of their living conditions and health conditions are. Whether a pet store, up for adoption, or a stray, they all need help and loving homes to live in. It’s so rewarding working with organizations like these.
- IF YOU COULD WORK WITH ANY OTHER PET CHARITY,WHO WOULD IT BE AND WHY? Probably something to do with the humane society or animals in 3rd world countries. The animals typically come from such sad situations and really need peoples help and love to survive and live amazing pet lives.
- IF YOU CAN DESCRIBE YOUR DOGS PERSONALITY, WHAT WOULD IT BE? In one word.. Goofy.
STILL TO COME:
Fashion Blogger - Alex Lovsin @allovsin & Dog Henry @henrythe13th (details to come)
Former Hockey Player - Shawn Matthais @shawnmatthias & Dog Rocky (details to come)